My Back to Basics service is for those authors who may have full confidence in their characters, plot, and the big picture elements of their manuscript but who still want a professional pair of eyes to ensure the content is consistent and polished.
B2B is also for those who may not have the budget for a detailed or in depth proofread.
This service includes the following:
- consistency with spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- checking for commonly confused words
- consistency in character names
- consistency in certain formatting elements including:
- time formatting
- date formatting
- spacing – removing double spaces, and rogue spaces at the start and end of paragraphs, removing double line returns
- chapter titles
- fixing lower case letters at the start of paragraphs
- fixing lower case letters after certain punctuation marks
- fixing paragraphs which end with no punctuation
- fixing mishaps with hyphens, en, and em dashes
- fixing straight quotation marks to curly
- fixing unnecessary spaces before and after punctuation
- any other spelling, punctuation, or grammatical mishap I see
This service will not look at your characters, your plot, or the content of your manuscript in detail other than that listed above. It is purely to provide a final polish to your manuscript before you publish.
I follow the New Hart’s Rules and use the Oxford English Dictionary and we will discuss your preferences before the work is carried out.
Back to Basics is charged as follows:
|Up to 60,000||£125.00|
Should you wish to discuss your project, please use the form below to get in touch.