You may remember last year I ran a competition for one author to win my Little Tweaks Proofreading of their manuscript free of charge.
Self-published author Hannah Lynn was the lucky winner, and I worked with her on the first in a new series, Peas, Carrots, and an Aston Martin is a fantastic read and the series is getting rave reviews. Following my work on book one, I’ve since worked with Hannah on the two other books and carried out a proofread on The Afterlife of Walter Augustus before she entered it into the Kindle Storyteller competition. Her brilliant book went on to win this award!
This year’s competition is slightly different!
I’ve teamed up with Sarah Hardy from Book on the Bright Side Publicity so not only will you win a manuscript proofread by me, Sarah will organise you an amazing blog tour to celebrate your book’s publication.
For those of you who haven’t come across Sarah yet, she is one of the most sought after book bloggers and tour organisers around. Her passion for books is wonderful, and she has stacks of experience in book publicity.
You can find out more about her and her services by clicking her image above and following her on Twitter: @SarahHardy681
So, the competition.
The same as last year, to enter, all you have to do is tell me, in no more than 500 words, why you and your manuscript should win.
Entries must be emailed to:
email@example.com with the subject:
I’m an Indie Author and I Should Win Because by [YOUR NAME] and your entry must be sent as an MS Word attachment.
In the body of the email, tell me a little about you and where you are on your writing journey … but please remember I don’t need War and Peace!
NOW OPEN UNTIL SATURDAY 2 MARCH!!!
The competition closes at twelve noon on Saturday, 23 February 2019 and the winner will be announced on Monday, 25 February 2019.
Your manuscript doesn’t need to be complete at the time of entry but you must be in a position to send it over within three months.
All entrants will be eligible for a 15% discount on my Little Tweaks Proofreading service if booked and paid for within six months of the competition closing.
Here’s the small print:
- The competition is open to any fiction author with a complete (novel, novella, or short story collection) manuscript.
- The maximum word count is 130k.
- The manuscript can be new and unpublished or one that has previously been published but is in need of attention.
- The manuscript must be written in English (British or American English).
- Entrants wishing to take advantage of the 15% discount must do so within six months of the competition closing.
- Entrants will receive a confirmation email which must be kept as proof of entry for the discount to be applied.
- Entrants received after the closing time will not be entered into the competition nor will they be eligible for the discount.
- Book on the Bright Side Book Publicity will organise you a one week long blog tour.
- The blog tour must be organised within six months of the competition.
There were some fantastic entries last year, and it was such a hard call to make. I can’t wait to see what books are out there this year.
Spread the competition far and wide!
Have a wonderful weekend and keep writing.